Experts will consider the various issues in the national recreational and medical marijuana debate at Medical and Recreational Marijuana: Scientific, Legal and Societal Considerations. In light of Proposition 19, California’s marijuana legalization ballot initiative, this seminar is particularly relevant.
Hosted by the Cyril H. Wecht Institute as part of its Forensic Fridays series, the seminar will feature the following speakers:
- Lisa B. Freeland, federal public defender for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Frederick W. Thieman, former U.S. attorney for the Western District of Pennsylvania and president of the Buhl Foundation
- Dr. Fred Fochtman, director of Duquesne’s Wecht Institute and former Allegheny County forensic science laboratory director and chief toxicologist
- Dr. Cyril Wecht, former Allegheny County coroner
- Jane Campbell Moriarty, professor of law at the University of Akron School of Law.
Forensic Fridays was developed by the Wecht Institute to offer continuing legal education opportunities on a regular basis and in shorter courses better suited to the busy schedules of professionals.
When: Friday, Nov. 5, from 1 to 4:30 p.m.
Where: Power Center Ballroom, Duquesne University, 600 Forbes Ave., Pittsburgh.
Information: Cost: $30 per person for the general public, $10 for students, $45 for public attorneys and $75 for private attorneys. Call 412.396.1330 or visit www.duq.edu/forensics/forensic-fridays/ for more information and to register.