Duquesne University is closely monitoring developments regarding the swine flu.
The Allegheny County Health Department and the Duquesne University Health Service advise these flu prevention tips:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or other item when you cough or sneeze to avoid contaminating your hands and further spreading germs. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you believe you are sick, see your physician.
- If you get sick with the flu, it is recommended that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have issued a travel warning for Mexico. Faculty, staff and students traveling to Mexico or other areas where the swine flu has been reported should carefully consider federal advisories prior to traveling.
For more information about the swine flu, visit: